Standard Age Appropriate Safety Measures
Safety Messages, Boundaries and Rules Need to evolve as your child grows and develops. Some age-appropriate suggestion have been listed below.
- Internet Safety For Early Childhood
- Start Early
- Be around your child when they sit on the computer.
- Don’t use technology as a babysitter
- Be responsive to what your child shows you online
- Teach them how to use the Internet
- Know the gadgets/sites your child uses
- Do your homework
- Turn on the Safety Settings on Google and your Operating Softwares (Windows/Mac).
- Talk to your children about
•Public v/s private information: Don’t overshare. Watch what you are sharing online.
•Keeping Smart usernames
•What out for who contacts You Online
- Internet Safety for Young Children
- Learns to Trust them
- They clearly know more about the online space than you. Make sure you remain engaged with them by learning from them.
- Tell them that ff they won’t do it face to face, don’t do it online
- Talk to them about:
– Body image & Well being
- Watch out for Excessive Use
- Hand them their budgets as you would their pocket-money.