Know The Law
Under the new POCSO Act
– It is an aggravated offence if the perpetrator of sexual abuse is a parent of the child.
– You must report any case of child sexual abuse that you know of to the nearest police station.
– Your child should not be taken to the police station. The police officer must come to your residence or any other place of the child’s choice for taking the statement of the child.
– Your child is eligible for victim compensation and free legal aid.
– Media should not disclose details of your child, the family or any other details related to the abuse.
Click below to download